Ambitious about Autism is running a series of five free parent seminars on topics of interest to all parents and carers of young people with disabilities and/or special needs aged 14 plus. The seminars will be held in central London across the summer term and are free of charge.
The seminars will be delivered by a team of legal and other experts and cover many of the relevant topics parents and carers need to know to negotiate the often complex process of transition to further education and adult life, including:
- Transition from school, social care and carers’ rights
- The Mental Capacity Act (MCA) and transition
- Further education, the Learning Difficulty Assessment (LDA) and vocational opportunities
- Health service and social care funding, health and disability issues
- Housing and benefits in transition.
Parents and carers are welcome to participate in some or all of the seminars. Places are limited and early booking is strongly advised. Entry will be by ticket only and will include a light vegetarian buffet lunch.